pop3 seen

Juan Bernhard juan at inti.gob.ar
Sat Jan 10 16:03:35 UTC 2015

El 10/01/2015 a las 04:25 a.m., David Saez escibió:
> Hi
>
> I will prefer some way to flag the messages when they are seen
> by pop and/or imap
>
>> On Friday, January 9, 2015, 1:25:55 PM, David wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>
>>> Is there a way to know if a message has been dowloaded via pop3
>>> and not seen via imap ?
>>
>> I usually see such activity through monitoring of the Dovecot logs.

Hi!

You should enable the command logs, there is a plug in to enable that,
mail_log plugin i think, check the file conf.d/10-logging.conf.
The pop3 command to download a mail is RETR <uid pop number>, in theory
you could map the uid number to the mail file, using the dovecot-uidlist
file for each mailbox. I let you the job to find out wich file is every
mail ;) I really don't know that (some log, I guess).
If you want to see on imap too, you have to enable the flag change state
to see when a mail is marked as read.

This is not complete, but it will give you a start point to search info.

Saludos!