[SERVERBUG] failed to send mail with SA and antispam plugin

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jan 16 13:12:16 UTC 2015

Am 16.01.2015 um 09:46 schrieb ML mail:
> Thanks to your help Steffen I was able to find out the issue which was simply the size of the Spam mail as you can see here:
>
> spamc[16545]: skipped message, greater than max message size (512000 bytes)
>
> The spam mail was around 900 kbytes as such I have changed the spamc limit to 1MB. Bastard spammer who abuses this limit by attaching a big image...

that's common for years now, even as we used a Barracuda Networks device
where you need to add &expert=1 in the extended settings to raise that limit

given that only a small amount makes it to SA here i increased that to 5
MB, in case of large images there is no performance impact, only large
messages with most plaintext are ressource hungry to scan

in fact i have seen such bastards attach 2 MB images to the typical spam
mailbody to bypass scanners