Shared folders - Namespace definition

Peter Hodur petehodur at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 05:25:40 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to configure shared mailboxes with ACL. My problem is FS layout.
Our maildirs is completely outside of home dirs (home dirs is on pure SSD
zpool, maildirs on separate HDD zpool). We are using checkpassword auth,
which sets mailbox_location for each user. Layout is following:

maildirs:

/dpool/mail/maldirs/user-uuid/

home is:

/dpool/mail/home/user-uuid/

index & control is under home:

/dpool/mail/home/user-uuid/[index|control]

the problem is how to specify path in NAMESPACE definition. I can use %%
variables, but maildirs is not under home and also does not have "fixed"
structure (so I can not use %%u for example).

Is it possible to for example set some special env variable from
checkpassword and than use it in namespace definition like home variable?
Or can someone help to find the code in dovecot, which evaluates namespace
location patter so I can patch it?

thanks

Pete