Shared folders - Namespace definition

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Wed Jan 21 06:54:19 UTC 2015

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015, Peter Hodur wrote:

> maildirs:
>
> /dpool/mail/maldirs/user-uuid/
>

> home is:
>
> /dpool/mail/home/user-uuid/
>

> index & control is under home:
>
> /dpool/mail/home/user-uuid/[index|control]
>

> the problem is how to specify path in NAMESPACE definition. I can use %%
> variables, but maildirs is not under home and also does not have "fixed"
> structure (so I can not use %%u for example).

If your home is always prefixed by the same lengthed string, cur the
user-uuid:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Variables
"You can take a substring of the variable by giving optional offset
followed by '.' and width after the '%' character. For example %2u gives
first two characters of the username. %2.1u gives third character of the
username. "

You could get somewhere, if you rewrite the login user by user-uuid, then
%u is the user's uuid.

> Is it possible to for example set some special env variable from
> checkpassword and than use it in namespace definition like home variable?

Is the checkpassword tool called for the users in a shared namespace???
This would cost lots of peformance, because you need to call that script
for each user, the current user gets shares from.

But if so, return MAIL:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/CheckPassword
"Dovecot Extensions

If you wish to return extra fields for Dovecot, set them in environment
variables and then list them in EXTRA environment variable. The userdb
extra fields can be returned by prefixing them with userdb_. For example:
"

- --
Steffen Kaiser