Shared folders - Namespace definition

Peter Hodur petehodur at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 14:26:27 UTC 2015

> If your home is always prefixed by the same lengthed string, cur the
> user-uuid:
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Variables
> "You can take a substring of the variable by giving optional offset
> followed by '.' and width after the '%' character. For example %2u gives
> first two characters of the username. %2.1u gives third character of the
> username. "

great! this is exactly what will solve my issue.

> You could get somewhere, if you rewrite the login user by user-uuid, then
> %u is the user's uuid.
>
>  Is it possible to for example set some special env variable from
>> checkpassword and than use it in namespace definition like home variable?
>>

> Is the checkpassword tool called for the users in a shared namespace???
> This would cost lots of peformance, because you need to call that script
> for each user, the current user gets shares from.

What is "lot"? I hope, it will be evaluated one once, when user login and
only once per each shared folder according to dictionary. So for example,
if user have access to two other mailboxes, Dovecot will exec two times
checkpassword as userdb lookup. Right?

> But if so, return MAIL:
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/CheckPassword
> "Dovecot Extensions
>
> If you wish to return extra fields for Dovecot, set them in environment
> variables and then list them in EXTRA environment variable. The userdb
> extra fields can be returned by prefixing them with userdb_. For example: "

yes, i do it this way, for "sieve_default" for example. I set
userdb_sieve_default env and add its name to userdb_extra. But how can I
later access it on the right side for proper evalueating? When I use home
dir, there is a "%" shortcut.