from Cyrus to Dovecot, seen status on cyrus.index files

Jogi Hofmüller jogi at mur.at
Fri Jan 23 09:52:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

Am 2015-01-23 um 09:36 schrieb Heiko Schlichting:

>> Does anyone use cyrus2dovecot for migrations?
>
> Yes, but this software which is not related to the one you mention:
>
>     http://www.cyrus2dovecot.sw.fu-berlin.de/

The two are identical.  Apparently someone put cyrus2dovecot on github.
 Maybe it will change in the future.

However, we recently migrated from cyrus to dovecot using this piece of
software.

The thing you are looking for is probably the switch -S,
--cyrus-seen=PATH with which you tell the script where to find the cyrus
seen.db.  Using this we had no problems with seen flags for regular
mailboxes.  But migrating shared mailboxes was a PITA ... so if you have
these, be prepared for troubles.

Regards,
--
j.hofmüller