sieve filter not working

Michael Williamson michael.h.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 17:04:25 UTC 2015

HI,

> You could set
>
> syslog_facility = local5
>
> and have all the log messages in the messages file.

According to the output of command

 # doveadm log find

every type of message goes to the file I was looking at, "/var/spool/maillog".

>> So, is it postfix doing the local mail delivery, not dovecot?
>>
> To answer this question please post relevant parts of your postfix
> main.cf
> - mailbox_command
> - virtual_transport
> - mailbox_transport

Those three do not appear to be assigned in "main.cf" (two are commented out
and 'virtual_transport' not there):

# The mailbox_command parameter specifies the optional external
# command to use instead of mailbox delivery. The command is run as
# the recipient with proper HOME, SHELL and LOGNAME environment settings.
# Exception:  delivery for root is done as $default_user.
#
# Other environment variables of interest: USER (recipient username),
# EXTENSION (address extension), DOMAIN (domain part of address),
# and LOCAL (the address localpart).
#
# Unlike other Postfix configuration parameters, the mailbox_command
# parameter is not subjected to $parameter substitutions. This is to
# make it easier to specify shell syntax (see example below).
#
# Avoid shell meta characters because they will force Postfix to run
# an expensive shell process. Procmail alone is expensive enough.
#
# IF YOU USE THIS TO DELIVER MAIL SYSTEM-WIDE, YOU MUST SET UP AN
# ALIAS THAT FORWARDS MAIL FOR ROOT TO A REAL USER.
#
#mailbox_command = /some/where/procmail
#mailbox_command = /some/where/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"

# The mailbox_transport specifies the optional transport in master.cf
# to use after processing aliases and .forward files. This parameter
# has precedence over the mailbox_command, fallback_transport and
# luser_relay parameters.
#
# Specify a string of the form transport:nexthop, where transport is
# the name of a mail delivery transport defined in master.cf.  The
# :nexthop part is optional. For more details see the sample transport
# configuration file.
#
# NOTE: if you use this feature for accounts not in the UNIX password
# file, then you must update the "local_recipient_maps" setting in
# the main.cf file, otherwise the SMTP server will reject mail for
# non-UNIX accounts with "User unknown in local recipient table".
#
#mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

Thanks,
-Mike