auth: Error: auth worker: Aborted request: Lookup timed out

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 10:36:21 UTC 2015

Do you know what is Dovecot's default SQL query time out and with which parameter can I maybe increase that timeout?

Thanks for the hint regarding the userdb prefetch, that makes sense and I have now put the userdb prefetch before the userdb SQL as recommended.

Doing that I also noticed that in my /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.conf I still have the system user authentication enabled with this line:

!include auth-system.conf.ext

although I am using SQL only (PostgreSQL). Can I safely disable this line you think?