Questions about hardlinks, alternate storage and compression

Felix Zielcke fzielcke at z-51.de
Tue Jul 14 20:20:34 UTC 2015

Am Dienstag, den 14.07.2015, 12:26 +0200 schrieb Steffen Kaiser:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2015, Gionatan Danti wrote:

> > > LMTP adds Delivered-To header, so all delivered messages are
> > > unique and
> > > you cannot hardlink messages regardless of Sieve.
> > >
> > > If Dovecot LDA adds headers, too, I do not know.
> > >

> > Mmm... I'm using LMTP, but I can't find the "Delivered-To" header.
> > Below you can see an example of successfully hard-linked email [1]
>
> You asked about "newer dovecot versions", v2.2 does so.

I just updated my Dovecot 2.2.13 to the current 2.2.18
This config option was added in the meanwhile:

# Which recipient address to use for Delivered-To: header and Received:
# header. The default is "final", which is the same as the one given to
# RCPT TO command. "original" uses the address given in RCPT TO's ORCPT
# parameter, "none" uses nothing. Note that "none" is currently always
used
# when a mail has multiple recipients.
#lmtp_hdr_delivery_address = final

Doestn't that mean if you set it to none that no Delived-To: header
gets added then?