Dovecot/Pigeonhole Issue (UTC modtime instead of localtime)

Christoph Gröver grover at sitepark.com
Fri Jul 31 14:01:15 UTC 2015

Hi List,

We are using the following setup:

Dovecot-2.2.18
Pigeonhole-0.4.8  (for Dovecot-2.2)

After the mail is finally delivered via a fileinto by the Sieve filter
it gets an updated timestamp (modification time).
The server has localtime setup correctly IMO (UTC +0200), but still the
delivered mail is setup as being two hours old.

I think I found out that the function sieve_file_storage_update_mtime()
is the cause of this problem. But perhaps there has to be some kind of
setup, that tells pigeonhole to use the 2 hour offset of CEST.
I think to reset the mtime by utime(s) is a bit strange. It already gets
the correct modtime just by storing it in the filesystem.

Last version we used (0.2.5) did not have this poblem. So it must be
there for some reason?

Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Thanks for your time.

Greetings

--
Sitepark Gesellschaft für Informationsmanagement mbH
Rothenburg 14-16, 48143 Münster

Telefon: +49 251 482655-0, Telefax: +49 251 482655-55
http://www.sitepark.com
http://www.facebook.com/sitepark

Geschäftsführer: Thorsten Liebold
Amtsgericht Münster, HRB 5017