More about my SSL certificate problem

Steve Matzura number6 at noisynotes.com
Mon Jun 15 11:24:22 UTC 2015

Someone, I don't remember whether it was Alex or Urban, asked me to
check on my private keyfile to see if it began with "Begin RSA private
key". I reported that it does not. Now here's where things get
strange: When I ran the command:

$ openssl req -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -sha1 -keyout myserver.key -out
server.csr

on an old Ubuntu system, `myserver.key' does begin with "Begin RSA
private key". But when I run that same command on a Fedora 20 system,
the word "RSA" isn't there. Could this have anything to do with my
0906D06C error?