dsync userdb and required fields?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 13:10:02 UTC 2015

hi,

I'm fiddling with dsync and get these in the logs:

auth: Error: password(ps655@): Password data is not valid
for scheme SSHA: Input isn't valid base64 encoded data
..
auth: Error: ldap(ns580@,172.25.12.215):
ldap_search(base=ou=,ou=mail,dc=virtual,dc=hosting
filter=(&(objectclass=person) ....

This is on a dovecot that I'd call second, to which I'd like
to replicate, first dovecot which is already populated with
users, etc. does not show these errors.
and I also have seen complains about possixAccunt I think.
Do these mean that there is a base minimum required from
dovecot/dsync in order to deem/find a user as a valid user?
Also I can tell that those users do belong to different
domain (not even this RDN) than the one in which the second
dovecot is trying to look.
These fields/attributes are nowhere defined/mentioned in my
configs thus I wonder.

many thanks