Best practices for mailbox network file storage?

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Thu Jun 18 12:28:10 UTC 2015

Il 16/06/2015 21:24, Andy Csillag ha scritto:
> Is there a current best practice for a shared filesystem backend for mailboxes (in my case, all virtual accounts)?  NFS 3/4, GFS2, GlusterFS, other?  In the case of the latter ones, is the use of Director necessary?  Any specific anti-recommendations?  Also, if it matters, I *think* I want to use BackBlaze racks for storage.  Also, I've seen recommendations for the filesystem underneath like XFS or ext4 or whatever.  Is there a best practice?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew

Hi,

I'm using NetApp as storage (with NFS3) and Director is required for
shared file system. I suggest to use XFS with CentOS 6 as file system on
NFS Server, prior to NetApp we use these and works fine but also ext4 is ok.

I have never hear about success story with GFS2 or GlusterFS, if you do
not want surprises use XFS/EXT4 and NFS3.

--
Alessio Cecchi
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alessice