dsync selectively

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Thu Jun 18 13:31:51 UTC 2015

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015, Teemu Huovila wrote:
> On 06/17/2015 06:07 PM, lejeczek wrote:

>>> also if I put mail_replica (having the rest, pretty much take form wiki in repl.conf) into userdb
>>> I get:
>>>
>>> line 24: Unknown setting: mail_replica
>>>
>>> this userdb uses ldap driver in case it may matter, I guess it should not.
>>>
>> gee, I cannot figure it out, and I'd guess it must be sort of typical situation,
>> where one would want to avoid replication os local/system users and only sync a virtual domain(s), no?
>> Can it be done by means of config files?
> What the original answer meant was, that you should put it in your userdb backend, in this case LDAP. So add a field in LDAP,
> which for users you want to replicate points to the replication destination and for other users is blank. then add it via a LDAP
> attribute template, e.g.
>
> user_attrs = \
>   =mail_replica=%{ldap:nameOfFieldContainingReplica}
>
> Make sure (with auth_debug=yes and mail_debug=yes in your config)the mail_replica is empty for users you do not want to replicate.
>
> Please read http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/LDAP/Userdb http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Replication?highlight=%28mail_replica%29
> and http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Sync?highlight=%28mail_replica%29 carefully.

I would recommend using the generic
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/ExtraFields?highlight=%28userdb_import%29
for such settings, enable it with:

user_attrs = customLDAPattribute=userdb_import
pass_attrs = customLDAPattribute=userdb_userdb_import

then populate any UserDB setting as <TAB> separated list in the specified
LDAP attribute. If the attribute is missing, nothing happens. If you need
a setting:

customLDAPattribute: mail_replica=....

- --
Steffen Kaiser