Require certificate for external clients

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 03:06:44 UTC 2015

Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> writes:

>> You can share libraries, binaries,
>> log files, but use separate configuration files, specifying different
>> ports/addresses/ssl-configs/auth/access parameters.  Then you can fire
>> them both up
>>
>>     dovecot -c /dovecot/etc/dovecot-1.conf
>>     dovecot -c /dovecot/etc/dovecot-2.conf
>
> I will have to look into it. I'm afraid that I would have to fiddle
> around with the default unit files.

What are "unit files"?

> Also I'm not completely sure how this would work with all of the
> configuration files that have been split off into small chunks and get
> included at some point.  This is probably going to be messy rather
> quickly :'(.

I don't see why it would be messy.  If the conf.d/* are the same, you can
use the same config directory.  If they differ, you can can copy those
files to another config directory (e.g. conf-d/* -> conf-2.d/), modify the
snippets that differ, then include this alternate set of configurations

 	!include conf-2.d/*

> Thanks for your suggestion.

You're welcome.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>