Rebuilding SIS attachment links from log

Paolo Cravero paolo.cravero at csi.it
Wed Mar 4 08:23:51 UTC 2015

Daniel,
please help me understand, since I met your same problem on 2015-02-26 as
you did.

> 2.  For each "failed:
> read(/var/mail/attachments/aa/bb/attachmentHash-userHash" line,
>      a. Confirm /var/mail/attachments/aa/bb/hashes/attachmentHash exists
>          i. If attachmentHash is missing display such for possible

Is this a FEATURE of Dovecot SIS? Or a known bug described somewhere?
Loosing detached attachments, I mean.

> Can this be done via "pure" BASH?  Need sed/awk as well?

Well, you need a way to strip out the "-userHash" part from the string, so a
little bit of sed and regex is needed. You also need to work out source and
destination files.

Still, personally I think the problem is somewhere else and should be fixed.
Else, stop using SIS and let the SAN do the deduplication.

Am I wrong?
Paolo