Outlook 2013/2010 nightmare #3

David.M.Clark david at davrom.com
Tue Mar 10 00:35:39 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Sorry for the extra e-mail. Given I am helping roll out this identical
setup again I am thinking I will test another approach which I am hoping
will work but given having two or more PCs trying to access the 'mail'
folder crashed at this site on the weekend, I went away from this. But
in my thinking perhaps it 'might' work if same login ID is not used to
access the exact same area.

Example:

1. Setup user "accounts" and open the permissions of its folders.
(${HOME} = /u/home/accounts)

2. Create "accounts2" but have its ${HOME} directory set to the same as
"accounts". (${HOME} = /u/home/accounts)
Make sure accounts2 can fully access everything - perhaps I will need to
enforce a central GID (group ID) for each user to belong to (eg., accounts).

3. See if the same crash issue happens if using a different login name.

This is using the reverse approach of not having separate Root Folder
paths for the same Linux login ID.

If this does work I can then reverse engineer the issue at the site over
the weekend as well.

Will keep you posted.

--

As always, I remain at your service.