passwd file for quota

Cliff Hayes chayes at afo.net
Tue Mar 17 17:55:47 UTC 2015

Yes and No.
It's confusing to me which is why I ask.
Per my initial email my password source is PAM.
It's the userdb I'm concerned about ... which dovecot is using /etc/passwd.
So dovecot is getting user information from passwd file; password
information from PAM.
I need to add extra fields for qouta but can't add them to /etc/passwd
so I have to create a passwd with the extra fields for dovecot to use.
How do I get dovecot to look at the new file for user info?

I looked at your link and then did a grep on passdb which appears in ...
auth-checkpassword.conf.ext
auth-deny.conf.ext
auth-ldap.conf.ext
auth-master.conf.ext
auth-passwdfile.conf.ext
auth-sql.conf.ext:passdb
auth-static.conf.ext
auth-system.conf.ext
auth-vpopmail.conf.ext:
I'm guessing I need to look in auth-system.conf.ext since I use system
users.  In there it says ...
passdb {
   driver = pam
... so I don't think I should change that.