quota setup assistance (postfix+dovecot+mysql)

rooster yawowb+dovecot at nuclei.ca
Tue Mar 24 04:50:11 UTC 2015

> On 2015-03-23, at 3:38 PM, Gedalya <gedalya at gedalya.net> wrote:
>
> That idea is to set the global mail_plugins to contain the plugins you would want enabled in *all* places. If there is not a single such plugin, then indeed you can set the global mail_plugins to empty, but then you should still use $mail_plugins everywhere because then it would just work, should you ever add a plugin to the global list.

	That makes sense. :)

<snip>

>> 	protocol lda {
>> 		mail_plugins =
> I don't see why you shouldn't add quota here, and zlib too in your case. If you don't use lda at all, it still won't hurt.

	I’m certain it is set. I will confirm my current configuration in each file and post the results.

> Finally, doveadm is sort of a "protocol" too and any protocol for which you did not specify its own "mail_plugins = ..." will use the global value itself.
> So for example here you explicitly turned off all plugins for lda, overriding the global value. And doveadm will use the global value. So just take it all into consideration.

	Thank you for the tidbit. That is good to know.

Here are the currently set parameters for mail_plugins in each config file :

10-mail.conf : mail_plugins = $mail_plugins zlib quota

15-lda.conf : mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve

20-imap.conf : mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_zlib imap_quota antispam

20-lmtp.conf : mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve

	If the above are the correct settings, why do I get the following errors?

Mar 23 00:55:31 host dovecot: lmtp(328): Debug: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib10_quota_plugin.so
Mar 23 00:55:31 host dovecot: lmtp(328): Error: dlopen(/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so) failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol: command_unregister
Mar 23 00:55:31 host dovecot: lmtp(328): Fatal: Couldn't load required plugins