quota setup assistance (postfix+dovecot+mysql)

Steffen skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Sun Mar 29 17:02:09 UTC 2015

rooster wrote:

>> On 2015-03-23, at 1:34 AM, rooster <yawowb+dovecot at nuclei.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I have been struggling with establishing a working installation
>> of dovecot with mySQL quota support. I have not been able to find
>> a guide or tutorial that works for the current revisions of
>> software I have at my disposal.
>>
>> Most notably, the error I see in the mail log is as follows :
>>
>> Mar 23 00:55:31 host dovecot: lmtp(328): Debug: Module loaded:
>> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib10_quota_plugin.so Mar 23 00:55:31
>> host dovecot: lmtp(328): Error:
>> dlopen(/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so)
>> failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so:
>> undefined symbol: command_unregister Mar 23 00:55:31 host
>> dovecot: lmtp(328): Fatal: Couldn't load required plugins
>>
>> I have attached my dovecot -n output. The installed revision of
>> dovecot is 2.2.9 on ubuntu 14.04.02 LTS.
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> --
>>
>> <dovecot-config.txt>
>

> Since I hadn?t tested access to dovecot yet, I ran through the test
> steps posted on the wiki
> (http://wiki.dovecot.org/TestInstallation). I was able to log in
> and list the mailboxes successfully, but the error above still
> persists on message delivery.
>
> Should I be using lmtp with postfix + mysql and dovecot? Or should
> I be using lda? The directions I read were for lmtp.

The actual question is, why your system cannot load the shared libray
lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so dynamically, although lib10_quota_plugin.so
works.

Maybe you should remove the failed file and force a reinstall of the
package. I don't suppose, the package is defective, someone other
should have reported this problem by now.

- --
Steffen