quota setup assistance (postfix+dovecot+mysql)

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Sun Mar 29 17:16:16 UTC 2015

On 03/29/2015 01:02 PM, Steffen wrote:
> The actual question is, why your system cannot load the shared libray
> lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so dynamically, although lib10_quota_plugin.so
> works.
>
> Maybe you should remove the failed file and force a reinstall of the
> package. I don't suppose, the package is defective, someone other
> should have reported this problem by now.

This problem can be reproduced in one second. Here you go:

protocol lmtp {
     mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve imap_quota
}

Mar 29 13:13:33 mail dovecot: lmtp(25315): Connect from local
Mar 29 13:13:33 mail dovecot: lmtp(gedalya at gedalya.net): Error: Couldn't
load required plugin
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so: dlopen() failed:
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol:
command_unregister

Simple: imap_quota is not a plugin for lmtp, it is a plugin for imap.
Notice the last bit of the error message. It won't work just like you
couldn't dynamically load it into LibreOffice or whatever.