Mapping other Inbox method (symlink vs ACL)

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Wed May 6 07:12:21 UTC 2015

On Wed, 6 May 2015, Kevin Laurie wrote:

> By permission I mean (read, write, look-up seen). I dont think symlink
> will allow these features.

Symlinks grant all IMAP permissions, the filesystem level permits. That
is, with symlinks you cannot selectivly deny permissions easily.

> ACL  does support such features.
> Only problem is that I have to setacl for individual boxes (ie
> Inbox,Sent,Junk etc.)

There are front ends for IMAP ACLs and more importantly for your current
situation:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/ACL

Works great. If you search the list, you will find posts how to grant
permissions for several or all mailboxes of one account with a tool chain
using "doveadm mailbox list ".

> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Steffen Kaiser
> <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:

- --
Steffen Kaiser