v2.2.17 release candidate released

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Sat May 9 20:17:27 UTC 2015

Hi —

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> Please test especially non-Linux systems as there are some larger configure/Makefile changes done since v2.2.16.

2.2.17.rc1 will compile on FBSD 10.1 only, if bash has been installed (see <554773D2.9060609 at dovecot.fi> from Teemu Huovila). This is from my point of view regarding portability issues "suboptimal". Both, word-break-data.sh and word-boundary-data.sh have comments about preferable use awk, perl, or … instead, IIRC. Teemu himself already mentioned in <554773D2.9060609 at dovecot.fi> that this is suboptimal, and that he is willing to solve that issue, thus, I am extremely far from blaming anyone involved in making this great software available. But, maybe it's worth solving this issue for those non-linux systems without bash installed per default before releasing dovecot v2.2.17, finally.

Besides that: Thanks for all of you involved making dovecot available!

Regards,
Michael