v2.2.17 release candidate released

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Sun May 10 09:40:48 UTC 2015

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> kirjoitti 9.5.2015 kello 23.17:
>> Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

>>> Please test especially non-Linux systems as there are some larger configure/Makefile changes done since v2.2.16.

>> 2.2.17.rc1 will compile on FBSD 10.1 only, if bash has been installed

> Dovecot hg requires bash currently, but the rc1 tarball should compile even without bash because the generated files are included in the tarball. Or should at least..

Yes, I know, that's what Teemu already pointed out. And yes, I can confirm, that http://dovecot.org/releases/2.2/rc/dovecot-2.2.17.rc1.tar.gz compiles without an installed bash under FBSD 10.1-STABLE

I can live with having to install bash in order to be able to follow hg development (what I do in a test jail), but it's from my point of view a little bit of "overkill", if one needs bash just for creating two c-files from two bash-scripts and their corresponding txt-files once in a while.

Again, please don't get me wrong, I am not complaining! I can live with the situation as is. I only wanted to report that issue because you asked for feedback from non-linux users ;-)

Regards,
Michael