v2.2.17 release candidate released

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun May 10 20:02:42 UTC 2015

On Sun, 10 May 2015 10:27:25 +0300, Timo Sirainen stated:

>Dovecot hg requires bash currently, but the rc1 tarball should compile even
>without bash because the generated files are included in the tarball. Or
>should at least..

Timo, IMHO, I would not worry too much about placating the FreeBSD crowd.
They love to pretend that their way of doing things is superior to everyone
else. I say this even though I use FreeBSD myself.

The FreeBSD port maintain for Dovecot can make bash a dependency or he can
attempt to rewrite the Dovecot scripts himself. You work too hard improving
Dovecot and should not have to tweak it for every OS out there. Believe me, I
know from experience that it will come back to haunt you if you try to please
everyone.

Again, thanks for all of your hard work on this software.

--
Jerry