Released Pigeonhole v0.4.8.rc1 for Dovecot v2.2.17.rc1

Brad Smith brad at comstyle.com
Mon May 11 16:24:43 UTC 2015

On 05/10/15 18:42, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> Hello Dovecot users,
>
> Here's the Pigeonhole RC that goes with the Dovecot RC. It includes a
> few small fixes and one new feature.
>
> Changelog v0.4.8.rc1:
>
> * LDA Sieve plugin: Dovecot changed the deliver_log_format setting to
>    include %{delivery_time}. This prompted changes in Pigeonhole that
>    make this release dependent on Dovecot v2.2.17.
> + Implemented magic to make sieve_default script visible from
>    ManageSieve under a configurable name. This way, users can see the
>    default rules, edit them and store a private adjusted version. This
>    could also be achieved by copying the default script into the user's
>    script storage, but that way updates to the global sieve_default
>    script would be ignored.
> - Fixed problem in address test: erroneously decoded mime-encoded words
>    in address headers.
> - extprograms plugin: Fixed failure occurring when connecting to script
>    service without the need to read back the output from the external
>    program.
> - Fixed bug in script storage path normalization occurring with relative
>    symbolic links below root.
> - Fixed and updated various parts of the documentation.

Since switching to 0.4.8.rc1 all Sieve filtering has stopped working
for me. No errors in the logs. Switch back to 0.4.7 and everything
is working fine.

The Wiki is useless for help.. "This section should contain a step-wise
approach to troubleshooting.". So any hints as to how to determine what
is going on behind the scenes with Pigeonhole?

believed to be clean.