Typo in systemd commit HG 8dc79a437858

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon May 25 17:22:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, 25 May 2015 15:50:08 +0000
Pascal Volk <user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org> wrote:

> On 05/25/2015 03:44 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hey guys, please tell me that Dovecot does not depend on systemd!
> >

> Nope, Dovecot doesn't depend on systemd. Why should it depend on
> systemd?

I could ask the question "why should it depend on systemd" about a
whole raft of programs that do depend on it. It's a mystery to me.
Anyway, I'm glad that it doesn't.

> But: Dovecot supports systemd. If you want to enable systemd, use:
>
> 	./configure --with-systemdsystemunitdir

It sounds like the preceding is some sort of dohickey to enable Dovecot
to more easily be started/managed by systemd. I hope that's all it is,
and I hope it always remains voluntary, because installing systemd on
my machine, the way I have it set up, would have all sorts of side
effects.

Anyway, in the near future I'll probably be managing Dovecot through
Daemontools.

Thanks for the explanation,

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2015 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz