Shared inbox?

Chris Ross cross+dovecot at distal.com
Fri May 29 14:18:16 UTC 2015

> On May 28, 2015, at 09:08, andy at thecsillags.com wrote:
>
> Chris,
>
> I do indeed have an acl_shared_dict set up.  That may be the ticket.  That makes it so that the IMAP server knows that you have acls on the other mailbox, so it can know to then look in that mailbox to find out precisely what the ACLs are.

  Okay.  I did set up an acl_shared_dict, but I’m not sure the file ownership/permissions aren’t somewhat in the way.  It appears dovecot, and doveadm, operate as the user in question, and I think the permission problems may be getting in my way.  I eventually made ~childuser/Maildir group readable (to a group I’m in), and then was seeing permission denied issues when I tried:

% sudo doveadm acl debug -u cross shared/childuser/INBOX
[…]
doveadm(cross): Error: open(/home/childuser/Maildir/dovecot-acl-list) failed: Permission denied

So, I made that file readable to a group I’m in, and that went away, but cal debug still shows no access.  I think UNIX permissions are what is impeding my progress at the moment.  Is that normal?  Any idea how you’re avoiding this problem, Andy?

> On May 28, 2015, at 23:57, G H <uothrawn at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Look in to dovecot's master user feature as well.

  Okay.  This looks like it may help with my above problem.  I haven’t looked into it yet, but will check on that as it sounds valuable.  Thanks!

                                        - Chris