[g.danti at assyoma.it: [Dovecot] Re: Questions about hardlinks, alternate storage and compression]

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Thu Nov 26 14:27:40 UTC 2015

Il 26-11-2015 15:15 John R. Dennison ha scritto:
> You are strongly encouraged to update that CentOS system.  Current is
> 6.7 (released some 3 months ago) and dovecot-2.0.9-19.

Ouch! I copied outdated information from my old post.
My current system _is_ CentOS 6.7 with dovecot
dovecot-2.0.9-19.el6_7.2.x86_64

Sorry for the confusion. Still, the problems remain

> If you find you need a more modern dovecot version you will find that
> dovecot-2.2.19-1 is in the GhettoForge 3rd-party repo, packaged and
> maintained by a respected CentOS community member.  Information
> on this repo can be found by following the links off of:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

The point is that I _don't know_ if more recent Dovecot version have the
same problem or not. Moreover, as this is a production machine, I would
like to leave a key package as Dovecot as near as possible to the
shipping O.S.

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan