Connection between postfix and dovecot failing

Noel noeldude at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 22:29:37 UTC 2015

On 11/28/2015 3:42 PM, Sytse Kuijk wrote:
> Well, post fix tries, but cannot connect. Sounds to me like problem at the receiving side.
> In any case, one question would be: is amavis part of dovecot or of postfix?
>
> sytse

Neither.  Amavis (hopefully you're using the version called
amavisd-new) is a third party content filter you've enabled
separately.  There is an amavis-users mail list where you can get
help specific to amavisd-new.

Apparently amavis isn't working correctly.  If restarting amavis
doesn't help, look in the logs for errors from amavis.

You can (temporarily) disable the content filter and get mail
flowing by commenting out any "content_filter" statements in postfix
main.cf or master.cf, then requeue all deferred mail with "postsuper
-r ALL"

Further discussion of this should move to the amavis-users list.
https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

  -- Noel Jones