Sieve, shared folders, different daemons

Frido Otten frido at 0tten.nl
Mon Nov 30 14:31:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

In our dovecot setup we use 3 different config files. One for
maildropping(sieve), one for dovecot/imap on standard ports with ssl
config and one for dovecot/imap on standard ports+1 with a different ssl
certificate. Currently the client using the standard port+1 config wants
to make use of shared folders, but the thing is that the current
namespace separator in all configs is '.'. This is conflicting with
shared folders. Can we simply run one of the dovecot/imap daemons
configured with a different separator and shared folders without having
impact on sieve and the current connected users to the standard ports?

Regards,
Frido