Single Instance Storage after the fact

Joe Beaubien joe.beaubien at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 22:23:15 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I tried to find info about this online, but I couldn't find anything
talking specifically about what I am trying to accomplish.

I am sending and receiving the same attachments pretty often and as a
result my email accounts are growing much more rapidly than I would like.

*My goal* is to set up a second instance of Dovecot with SIS enabled and
transfer everything over to this new Dovecot setup.

I was thinking of simply running a dsync backup from the old instance and
then a dsync backup -R on the new instance with SIS.

Would this effectively create a new set of mailboxes without attachments
(and a new folder full of attachments)?

If not, can someone point me to information on how to accomplish this?

Best regards,

Joe B.