concerning dovecot settings for high volume server

Rajesh M 24x7server at 24x7server.net
Sun Sep 13 17:35:22 UTC 2015

thanks very much urban. this was very helpful.

i have around 12500 users spread over 3 independent servers each having around 4000+ users
i am using qmailtoaster, vpopmail, spamassassin and dovecot.

in future i am planning to consolidate all using a HA cluster.

if it is ok with you could you kindly share some information about your email server configuration. if you do not wish to put it on the list then you can directly email me.

1) is your email volume high ?
2) server hardware to support  28000 users
3) mailserver software - exim or postfix ??.
4) antispam software like spamassassin if any

also if you have faced any email re-download issues with dovecot sometimes randomly incase of pop3 users storing emails on the server ?

thanks
rajesh