distuguish between different domains

Andreas Meyer anmeyer at mailbox.org
Mon Sep 28 08:48:03 UTC 2015

Hello!

Marco Fretz <marco.fretz at gmail.com> schrieb am 28.09.15 um 08:29:59 Uhr:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to accomplish.
>
> smtp_server in roundcube is the outgoing server (submission server, i.e.
> postfix). Mailbox is IMAP (dovecot).
> You can easily spawn 2 instances of dovecot, one serving aaa.de and one
> serving bbb.de on different IPs.

How do I do this?

> What exactly is the problem with 2 domains on one dovecot? I mean user
> @aaa.de usually does not have the password for @bbb.de and vise versa.

What is irritating me is that when there are two domains served by
dovecot, in the client I can specify server.aaa.de although I have
an email-address user at bbb.de and connect as such.

For my understanding it should not be possible to connect to server
server.aaa.de with an address line user at bbb.de and dovecot serves
the mailbox of that user.

> About the sending server in roundcube: I don't think there is a way to
> have a different submission server for different sender domains in
> roundcubde. But you could use the postfix configuration to map sender
> domains to different outgoing connection IPs.

Postfix is not the problem. It's the login into the IMAP-server that
is irritating me. Or am I completely wrong?

Regards

  Andreas