[IMAP] Nothing in INBOX

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:03:37 UTC 2015

Yvon Thoraval writes:

> although I'm able to send emails to GMail and other kind of domain, nothing
> appears on Thunderbird INBOX, nor using openssl :

I haven't combed through your diagnostic, but two things junp out at me.
Your "mail" output states

> "/var/mail/desktop": 20 messages 9 new 18 unread

indicating that the INBOX is held in /var/mail/desktop, whereas your dovecot
configuration states

> mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n

So there seems to be a disagreement as to where the INBOX is located.
Maybe you need to set the INBOX parameter directly.

 	http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailLocation

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>