Unable to login with iPhone?

Jason Pruim pruimj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 01:06:45 UTC 2016

Hey Everyone,

So I have my dovecot install up and running! I can receive mail from the
outside, still dealing with a small issue with sending email, but I think
that's an issue off needing to setup a relay...

Right now though... My biggest issue is it won't connect to my iPhone... I
can login with mail on my computer, and through round cube for webmail...
But it gets stuck on "verifying"... I tried addingcram-md5 and digest-md5
to the auth_mechanisms but that didn't work... Any idea what I'm missing?

Here is my doveconf -n:

[ec2-user at ip-172-31-28-46 postfix]$ doveconf -n

# 2.2.10: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

# OS: Linux 4.4.5-15.26.amzn1.x86_64 x86_64  ext4

auth_mechanisms = plain login cram-md5 digest-md5

mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n/Maildir

managesieve_notify_capability = mailto

managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character
vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags
copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave

mbox_write_locks = fcntl

namespace inbox {

  inbox = yes

  location =

  prefix =

  separator = .

}

passdb {

  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext

  driver = sql

}

plugin {

  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve

  sieve_dir = ~/sieve

}

service auth {

    group = postfix

    mode = 0660

    user = postfix

  }

  unix_listener auth-userdb {

    group = vmail

    mode = 0666

    user = vmail

  }

}

service imap-login {

  inet_listener imap {

    port = 143

  }

  inet_listener imaps {

    port = 993

    ssl = yes

  }

}

ssl = required

ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/mailserver.pem

ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/mailserver.pem

ssl_protocols = !SSLv2 !SSLv3

userdb {

  args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/var/vmail/%d/%n

  driver = static

}

protocol lda {

  mail_plugins = " sieve"

}

[ec2-user at ip-172-31-28-46 postfix]$

If I try to telnet to port 993 from my local computer it connects, but
won't let me login... Same on port 143...

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone for your help! I can't wait until I can actually help with
the questions instead of just asking them!