Session ID separator change

Marc Schiffbauer m at sys4.de
Wed Apr 6 10:11:38 UTC 2016

* Stephan Bosch schrieb am 06.04.16 um 02:03 Uhr:
> Op 4/6/2016 om 12:14 AM schreef Marc Schiffbauer:
> > * Timo Sirainen schrieb am 05.04.16 um 19:29 Uhr:
> > […]
> >> So now I'm mainly wondering if ':' is a good character? Has somebody
> >> already changed mail_log_prefix in a way that these additional ':'
> >> chars might break their log parsers (e.g.
> >> mail_log_prefix=%u:%s%{session}:%r).
> > Why not use another '+'?
> >

> That '+' in the example is just part of the Base64 encoding, so it is
> not a separator.

Sure, but as long as you never want to decode this again it would be ok.
By not introducing a new char you have a higher chance of not breaking
existing setups.

Or do we *want* a separator that is visible as such?

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München