Reappearing emails (resolved by 2.2.23)

Ron Cleven Ron at Cleven.com
Tue Apr 19 12:52:42 UTC 2016

> What mailbox format do you use? Are you able to reproduce this by running doveadm sync commands manually instead of letting replication do it? For example:
>
>   - doveadm sync -s "" -d -u user at domain > state
>   - Run the UID STORE & UID MOVE
>   - doveadm sync -s "`cat state`" -d -u user at domain
>
> There have been some fixes, especially recentlyhttps://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/950a6e61d6c2dac961ce031bdd8b2895bc32b827  sounds a bit similar although I don't really see how it would apply here. Would be a good idea to try anyway with v2.2.22.rc1 (which seems to be stable enough that I'll make v2.2.22 release soon).
>
> Anyway, I attempted a few times to reproduce it with your test but wasn't able to.

We had been running 2 replicating servers (Maildir format) using version
2.2.10 under CentOS 7 in production for quite some time.  In this forum,
I reported a problem that I traced to a timing problem where unread
emails being moved to Trash would magically reappear in the INBOX.  I
have since upgraded our production servers to 2.2.23.   The new version
resolved the problem.  The version upgrade also resolved the occasional,
but annoying, dsync maillog entries "Duplicate file entry at line ...".
So, I am a very happy camper and appreciate the feedback.