Reappearing emails (resolved by 2.2.23 - not)

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Apr 20 10:21:07 UTC 2016

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 07:52:42 -0500 (CDT), Ron Cleven wrote:
> We had been running 2 replicating servers (Maildir format) using
> version 2.2.10 under CentOS 7 in production for quite some time.  In
> this forum, I reported a problem that I traced to a timing problem
> where unread emails being moved to Trash would magically reappear in
> the INBOX.  I have since upgraded our production servers to 2.2.23.
> The new version resolved the problem.

No Replication involved here, but - I have several user reports about
re-appearing mails since updating Dovecot from 2.2.21 to 2.2.23.
Clients are Thunderbird on Debian and Mac OS X, and GyazMail on Mac OS
X.

Looks like a recent regression to me?

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344