Crash: setannotation Trash "/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire" ("value.shared" NIL)

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Apr 27 09:32:23 UTC 2016

Op 4/27/2016 om 11:11 AM schreef Heiko Schlittermann:
> Hi Aki,
>
> Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi> (Mi 27 Apr 2016 10:06:35 CEST):
>> We no longer use mercurial as VCS. And metadata has been moved as core
>> feature, and is no longer a plugin. Please see
>> https://github.com/dovecot/core
> Thank you. But it seems, for 2.2.9 I'm out of luck and on my own…
> I cloned the above repo and did
>
> $ grep -ri 'annotat\(e\|ion\)'  *
>
> src/imap/cmd-notify.c:  "MessageNew", "MessageExpunge", "FlagChange", "AnnotationChange",
> src/imap/cmd-notify.c:  /* if FlagChange or AnnotationChange is specified,
> src/imap/cmd-notify.c:        IMAP_NOTIFY_EVENT_ANNOTATION_CHANGE)) != 0 &&
> src/imap/cmd-notify.c:                                  IMAP_NOTIFY_EVENT_ANNOTATION_CHANGE)) != 0)
> src/imap/cmd-notify.c:                IMAP_NOTIFY_EVENT_ANNOTATION_CHANGE |
> src/imap/imap-notify.h: IMAP_NOTIFY_EVENT_ANNOTATION_CHANGE     = 0x08,
> src/imap/imap-notify.h: (IMAP_NOTIFY_EVENT_ANNOTATION_CHANGE | \
> src/plugins/acl/acl-attributes.c:          retrieve private or shared mailbox annotations on a mailbox on which
>

> Shouldn't I get a bit more. Or is the handling of the
> SETANNOTATION/ANNOTATION command well hidden?

Those commands are part of the IMAP ANNOTATE capability (RFC 5257 or
based on an older draft like draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-08). Only the
IMAP METADATA capability (RFC 5464) is currently implemented in Dovecot
core.

I haven't heard of anyone porting the ANNOTATE part of that old plugin
to a recent Dovecot.

Regards,

Stephan.