Crash: setannotation Trash "/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire" ("value.shared" NIL)

Heiko Schlittermann hs at schlittermann.de
Wed Apr 27 09:41:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl> (Mi 27 Apr 2016 11:32:23 CEST):
…
> Op 4/27/2016 om 11:11 AM schreef Heiko Schlittermann:
> > src/imap/cmd-notify.c:  "MessageNew", "MessageExpunge", "FlagChange", "AnnotationChange",
> > src/imap/cmd-notify.c:  /* if FlagChange or AnnotationChange is specified,
> > src/imap/cmd-notify.c:        IMAP_NOTIFY_EVENT_ANNOTATION_CHANGE)) != 0 &&
> > src/imap/cmd-notify.c:                                  IMAP_NOTIFY_EVENT_ANNOTATION_CHANGE)) != 0)
> > src/imap/cmd-notify.c:                IMAP_NOTIFY_EVENT_ANNOTATION_CHANGE |
> > src/imap/imap-notify.h: IMAP_NOTIFY_EVENT_ANNOTATION_CHANGE     = 0x08,
> > src/imap/imap-notify.h: (IMAP_NOTIFY_EVENT_ANNOTATION_CHANGE | \
> > src/plugins/acl/acl-attributes.c:          retrieve private or shared mailbox annotations on a mailbox on which
> >

> > Shouldn't I get a bit more. Or is the handling of the
> > SETANNOTATION/ANNOTATION command well hidden?
>
> Those commands are part of the IMAP ANNOTATE capability (RFC 5257 or
> based on an older draft like draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-08). Only the
> IMAP METADATA capability (RFC 5464) is currently implemented in Dovecot
> core.
>
> I haven't heard of anyone porting the ANNOTATE part of that old plugin
> to a recent Dovecot.

The old dovecot-metadata-plugin compiles¹ and runs with 2.2.9, it
compiles with 2.2.23, 2.2.22. (I haven't checked if it runs, though).

¹) with some small change found in a previous post. The binary Ubuntu
14.04 package doesn't work, it's not compatible with the Dovecot cure
they provide.

I'd like to see the ANNOTATE capability in recent dovecot versions, it
makes migrations from cyrus environments more easy (e.g. some
SquirrelMail plugin uses ANNOTATE to attach expiry information to the
mailboxes).

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann