mailboxes and capitalisation

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Dec 13 23:37:57 UTC 2016

On 13 Dec 2016, at 11.48, Thorsten Hater <thorsten.hater at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have set up a series of special-use mailboxes in the default namespace
> differing by capitalisation of the names, mainly to capture multiple
> mailboxes
> with autoexpunge
>
> namespace inbox {
>  mailbox Trash {
>    auto        = no
>    autoexpunge = 30d
>    special_use = \Trash
>  }
>  mailbox trash {
>    auto        = no
>    autoexpunge = 30d
>    special_use = \Trash
>  }
> }
>
> However, doveconf -n reports only one mailbox, namely the second (lowercase
> t)
> and autoexpunge does not trigger for the first one (capital T). Removing
> the special
> use flag has no influence.

I think you could do it for example:

mailbox Trash {
}
mailbox trash2 {
  name = trash
}

By default name is the same as the section name, but while name setting itself is case-sensitive, the section name is not. This is because the setting keys may end up being environment variables, which are always uppercased.