Virtual POP3 namespaces and quota-status

Aurélien Beaujean abj at online.fr
Wed Dec 14 11:42:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've tried to do configure Virtual POP3 INBOX (dovecot version 2.2.18)
as explained here http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Virtual with a static
userdb and nopassword=y so I dont have any database on the dovecot
server without the possibility to distinguish POP3 or IMAP in the userdb extra
field to change the namespace on the fly.

So I've put the namespace virtual informations inside the protocol pop3
{ ... }, I did the same for the protocol imap {  }:

protocol pop3 {
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins last_login virtual
  namespace inbox {
    prefix =
    separator = /
    list = yes
  }
  namespace virtual {
    inbox = yes
    prefix = virtual/
    separator = /
    location = virtual:/etc/dovecot/virtual:INDEX=MEMORY
    list = no
    hidden = yes
  }
  namespace real {
    prefix = RealMails/
    separator = /
    list = no
    hidden = yes
  }
}

protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_quota last_login
  namespace inbox {
    inbox = yes
  }
}

protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = " quota sieve"
  namespace inbox {
    inbox = yes
  }
}

passdb {
  args = nopassword=y uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/var/mail/%2Mn/%2.2Mn/%n
  driver = static
}

userdb {
  args = nopassword=y uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/var/mail/%2Mn/%2.2Mn/%n
  driver = static
}

service quota-status {
  executable = quota-status -p postfix
  inet_listener {
    port = 12340
  }
  process_min_avail = 8
}

But the service quota-status getting lost with a message:

namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing

I didn't find a way to tell quota-status which namespace to use as you
can't setup a default one.

If I declare a "global" namespace inbox pop3 deamon fails because of
duplicated namespace inbox in the configuration files:

pop3(xxx): Error: User initialization failed: namespace configuration error: There can be only one namespace with inbox=yes

Any idea before I will patch some piece of code to disable the unique
restriction of inbox namespace ?

Thanks,
--
Auré