Virtual POP3 namespaces and quota-status

Aurélien Beaujean abj at online.fr
Fri Dec 23 13:53:54 UTC 2016

Hi again,

Le Wednesday 14 December 2016 à 12:42, Aurélien Beaujean écrivait:
> Any idea before I will patch some piece of code to disable the unique
> restriction of inbox namespace ?

I've found a way to address my problem, using the %s (protocol) in the
configuration file, as this:

namespace virtual {
  hidden = yes
  inbox = yes
  list = no
  location = virtual:/etc/dovecot/virtual/%s:INDEX=MEMORY
  prefix = virtual/
  separator = /
}

With 2 different pop3 / imap dovecot-virtual files:

# cat /etc/dovecot/virtual/imap/INBOX/dovecot-virtual
!RealMails/INBOX
  all

# cat /etc/dovecot/virtual/pop3/INBOX/dovecot-virtual
!RealMails/INBOX
RealMails/BOX1
RealMails/BOX2
  all

Consequence that dovecot-lda getting lost, so I had to patch the code to allow
to override the namespace inbox configuration in the LDA protocol:

protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = " virtual quota sieve"
  namespace inbox {
    inbox = yes
    location =
    prefix =
  }
}

That works but still brakes quota-status, which seems trying to get the size of
/etc/dovecot/virtual/ instead of the size of the user mailbox.

For information, such configuration created me those subdirs:

/etc/dovecot/virtual/
/etc/dovecot/virtual/pop3
/etc/dovecot/virtual/pop3/INBOX
/etc/dovecot/virtual/pop3/INBOX/dovecot-virtual
/etc/dovecot/virtual/lda
/etc/dovecot/virtual/imap
/etc/dovecot/virtual/imap/.virtual-subscriptions
/etc/dovecot/virtual/imap/INBOX
/etc/dovecot/virtual/imap/INBOX/dovecot-virtual
/etc/dovecot/virtual/quota-status
/etc/dovecot/virtual/managesieve
/etc/dovecot/virtual/doveadm

If nobody has a last idea, it seems I will need to manually hardcode BOX1 &
BOX2 in the POP3 daemon code to not break the rest of the dovecot processes.

Thanks,
--
Auré