doveadm acl set negative rights not supported?

Peter Benko pbopbo at freemail.hu
Fri Dec 16 17:29:31 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to set an ACL with negative rights. I have no problems setting it with standard IMAP commands, but I'm unable to do it with the doveadm acl command.

I tried:

sudo -u vmail doveadm acl set -u "user at domain" Spam user="-user at domain" lookup
(notice the "-" before the username)

Unfortunately, this adds a (positive) ACL for the user named "-user at domain" instead of adding a negative one for the user "user at domain".

Am I messing up something or is negative ACL support missing from doveadm? I have not seen anything in the docs about this...

Regards,

Peter