RPMs for Fedora and RHEL/CentOS

Deton toooode at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:09:37 UTC 2016

Hi Alexander,

thank you for your suggestion. Ghettoforge repo looks good.
I tried it earlier, but saw only 2.2.19 on Plus repo, totaly missed
Testing repo and the latest version in it :)

Btw, I ran into http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/yum-repo/ who also
have latest dovecot packages, among other things, so I was wondering if
you or anyone else knows something about this repo and his maintainers
reputation, how trustworthy and reliable is it.

Thanks

On 19.2.2016. 17:58, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am 19.02.2016 um 15:33 schrieb Toooode:
>> Hi
>>
>> Link on http://www.dovecot.org/download.html for RPMs for Fedora and
>> RHEL/CentOS is not working.
>> It seams that atrpms repo is dead for some time now
>
> Dovecot and Open-Xchange have merged some while ago.
>
> https://software.open-xchange.com/products/dovecot/doc/Dovecot-EE-repository-and-object-storage-installation-manual_v1.9.pdf
>

>> Can you please update this and suggest me alternative trusted repo with
>> newest dovecot packages for RHEL/CentOS?
>
> I am pretty happy with the ghettoforge repository.
>
> http://ghettoforge.org/index.php/Main_Page
>
> Peter Ajamian maintains the dovecot package and always is pretty up to
> date when new releases appear.
>
> Don't be confused: dovecot is available through gf-plus as dovecot22
> packages to prevent collisions with what RHEL / CentOS provide as
> their dovecot package. Latest sits still in gf-testing but can be
> moved to gf-plus as it's properly packaged and installs and runs fine.
>
>> Thank you
>
> Alexander

---