Timout for LDAP connection

Gordon Grubert gordon.grubert+lists at uni-greifswald.de
Mon Feb 29 15:18:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

we are using a round robin dns record for connections to our ldap
system. This works fine for almost all cases. In particular, for
dovecot does this mean, when an ldap server is stopped, dovecot
instantly reconnects to another ldap server.

But when the network connection to the active ldap server is broken,
dovecot sticks to the failed ldap server. Is there any possibility to
define a connection timeout?

This is our current configuration for the ldap connection:

# 2.2.devel (2d8f665): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.devel (0de2a19)
# OS: Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 8.3

uris = ldaps://LDAP-SERVER
dn = BINDDN
dnpass = BINDPASS
auth_bind = yes