FW: quota-status service

Michael Fox news at mefox.org
Sun Jul 3 17:43:45 UTC 2016

> No. But someone knew what to answer to them, you keep spamming the mailing
> list with repeated '???' instead of waiting, which *is* impolite. Someone
> WILL answer you when they have time to study your question and prepare an
> answer. As I said, if you think you should be entitled to timely
> an SLA. Support provided over mailing list is pro bono publico and no one
> gets paid doing it for you.

Understood.  And I don't think I'm "entitled" to anything.  The list is free.

But it may be helpful to understand this:  I figured that most people would want to use the quota-status service.  Therefore, most people must know something about it.  But there was no response at all, not even "I can help but it will take a couple of days", even though there was lots of other activity on the list.   So I did what is commonplace on some other lists by bumping it up to the top again.  No disrespect intended.  Every list has its own "personality".  I'll learn.

> 1. Quota status comes with dovecot-core, on my server (debian) it is in
>
> ~$ ls -lah /usr/lib/dovecot/quota-status
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 84K May 27 12:35 /usr/lib/dovecot/quota-status
>
> Did you look there?

Yes.  I actually looked everywhere with find / ...
This machine is running Ubuntu 12.04, dovecot --version = 2.0.19

So, I just tried installing on another machine running Ubuntu 14.04, dovecot --version = 2.2.9.  It **is** there on that machine.

So, evidently, quota-status is not part of the older version.  I guess I'll need to upgrade since I prefer not to compile from source.

> You also are going to need ...
> [answers clipped]

Thank you.  All EXCELLENT information.

quota_status_toolarge wasn't mentioned on the wiki.  I presume that refers to the individual message size being too large, correct?

Thanks again, this is what I needed.

Michael