an e-mail client for dovecot ?

Mark Foley mfoley at ohprs.org
Sat Jul 16 17:22:51 UTC 2016

Wow! That's interesting.  Our office of 10+ Windows 7 *and* Ubuntu workstations have been
moving from Outlook to Thunderbird over the past year. Our users find it WAY BETTER than
Outlook. Have you actually tried Outlook 2013 and later? The suckiness of 2013 was what drove
us to look elsewere in the first place. We tried a number of clients including Evolution and
emClient and Tbird proved the best in my testing.

Thunderbird runs on both Windows and Ubuntu, can do AD authentication and basically has all the
features of Outlook including color categories which our director could not live without; and
can be configured to have a very similar look-and-feel as Outlook.  In over a year of running
Thunderbird (currently at 38.8.0 Ubuntu, 45.2.0 Window) it has performed flawlessly.

I concur with Charles Marcus' query: can you elaborate on how Thunderbird is failing for you?

--Mark