Moving Maildir folders

Luigi Rosa lists at luigirosa.com
Mon Jul 18 04:23:28 UTC 2016

Mark Foley wrote on 18/07/2016 00:56:

> I supposed I was thrown off because the destination user's Maildir has no .INBOX/ directory, only:
>
> .INBOX.this/
> .INBOX.that/
>
> but, I suppose INBOX is a special case since the rest of the top-level folders (Drafts,
> Templates, Sent Items, ...) do have directories. Next time!

Creating the folders before is a good idea, if you are not familiar with
Maildir structure

INBOX is the root dir of Maildir: if you look at the root dir, you will find the
IMAP folders that begins with a "." AND cur,tmp,new dir: that three dirs are the
INBOX

--

Ciao,
luigi

/
+--[Luigi Rosa]--
\

That the automobile has practically reached the limit of its
development is suggested by the fact that during the past year no
improvements of a radical nature have been introduced.
      --Scientific American, 1909